Streamer Communities

One of the things I enjoy the most about being a Twitch streamer is the communities you build. Being a relatively small streamer (I have 260 followers and 4 subs as of this writing) I haven’t yet build up my community of followers but I am slowly working on it. 

A few key things to building a successful following are engagement, enjoyment, and continuity. 

Engagement - You obviously need a stream that engages your viewers. Ask them questions, play games together, take suggestions and more. 

Enjoyment - Your audience needs to enjoy themselves. It means being “on stage” and putting on a “show” for them when you stream. Sometimes this means to act silly. It’s all part of the show. You want to be yourself, yes, but you also want to cultivate a persona for people to see. 

Continuity - The first two mean nothing without continuity. I’ve been streaming irregularly for the past 3 years, but only since I’ve started doing it more regularly the past month or so have I seen continued and rising viewership. And it’s some of the same people, but they’re bringing their friends. It’s a ton of fun and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Until next time! 

Comments